1st Edition. Soft cover. 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall. Very Good. Item #003168
Items have various states of preservation, wrappers mostly browned and dust-soiled and with occasional edge-chipping and folds, text generally very little browned. The collection comprises:
1. The photoelectric effect in potassium vapour as a function of the frequency of the light. Extract from: The London, Edinburgh, and Dublin Philosophical Magazine and Journal of Science, Vol. 50, August 1925, pp. 345-359. Without wrappers. Loosely attached is a 3-pages manuscript of notes on the photo-electric effect in K. vapor, in blue ink and with a diagram, probably in Ernest Lawrence's own hand.
2. LAWRENCE, E.O. & BEAMS, J.W. On the Nature of Light. In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol. 13, No. 4, April 1927, pp. 207-212. Entire number, original printed wrappers.
3. LAWRENCE, E.O. & EDLEFSEN, N.E. Photo-Ionization of the Vapors of Caesium and Rubidium. Offprint from: Physical Review, Vol. 34, No. 2, July 1929, pp. 233-242. Publisher's printed wrappers. And a duplicate.
4. LAWRENCE, E.O. & EDLEFSEN, N.E. Photo-Ionization of Potassium Vapor. Offprint from: Physical Review, Vol. 34, No. 7, Oct. 1929, pp. 1056-1060. Publisher's printed wrappers.
5. LAWRENCE, E.O. & EDLEFSEN, N.E. An Intense Source of Continuous Ultraviolet Light. Offprint from: The Review of Scientific Instruments, Vol. 1, No. 1, Jan. 1930, pp. 45-48. Publisher's printed wrappers.
6. LAWRENCE, E.O. & SLOAN, D.H. The Production of High Speed Canal Rays without the use of High Voltages. In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol. 17, No. 12, Jan. 1931, pp. 64-69. Entire number, original printed wrappers. Library stamp on front cover.
7. SLOAN, D.H. & LAWRENCE, E.O. The Production of Heavy High Speed Ions without the use of High Voltages. Offrint from: Physical Review, Vol. 38, No. 11, Dec. 1931, pp. 2021-2032. Original printed wrappers. Stapled as issued.
8. LIVINGSTON, M.S.; HENDERSON, M.C. & LAWRENCE, E.O. Radioactivity Artificially Induced by Neutron Bombardment. In: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, Vol. 20, No. 8, Aug. 1934, pp. 470-475. Entire number, original printed wrappers, stapled as issued.
9. The New Frontiers in the Atom. Original lithoprint manuscript of an address by Lawrence delivered at the Fiftieth Anniversary Celebration of Stanford University, June 16, 1941. 7 sheets, stapled. The address was also published in Science, Vol. 94, No. 2436, Sept. 1941, pp. 221-225.
Ernest Orlando Lawrence (1901-1958) was a pioneering American nuclear scientist and winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1939 for his invention of the cyclotron. He is known for his work on uranium-isotope separation for the Manhattan Project, as well as for founding the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory and the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory.
Price: 1,200 € * convert currency
Delivery time up to 10 days. For calculation of the latest delivery date, follow the link: Delivery times
Lieferzeit max. 10 Tage. Zur Berechnung des spätesten Liefertermins siehe hier: Lieferzeiten