1st Edition. Soft cover. 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall. Very Good. Item #003170
Items have various states of preservation, wrappers little stained and dust-soiled, text generally very little age-toned. The collection comprises:
1. The Scattering of Electrons by Atoms. In: Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Vol. 127, No. 806, 1930, pp. 658-665. Entire number. Publisher's printed wrappers.
2. The Polarisation of Electrons by Double Scattering. In: Proceedings of the Royal Society of London. Series A, Vol. 135, No. 827, 1932, pp. 429-458. Entire number. Publisher's printed wrappers.
3. A Contribution to the Theory of Liquid Helium II. Offprint from: The London, Edinburgh, and Dublin Philosophical Magazine and Journal of Science, Vol. 40, Jan. 1949, pp. 61-71. No wrappers as issued.
4. The Mechanical Properties of Metals. Offprint from: Proceedings of the Physical Society, B, Vol. 64, 1951, pp. 729-741 , 1 plate. Stapled as issued.
5. Dislocations, Fatique and Fracture. Offprint from: The Royal Institution of Great Britain, Weekly Evening Meeting, Dec. 1953, 6 pp. Stapled as issued.
6. The Rutherford Memorial Lecture, 1962. Atomic physics and the strengh of metals. Offprint from: Proceedings of the Royal Society, A, Vol. 275, 1963, pp. 149-160. Without wrappers as issued.
7. Electrons in Transition Metals. Offprint from: Advances in Physics (Philosophical Magazine Supplement), Vol. 13, No. 51, July 1964, pp. 325-422. Publisher's printed wrappers.
8. Walter Heinrich Heitler 1904-1981. Offprint from: Biographical Memoirs of Fellows of the Royal Society, Vol. 28, Nov. 1982, pp. 141-151 , 1 plate. Publisher's printed wrappers.
9. Herbert Fröhlich. 9 December 1905 - 23 January 1991. Offprint from: Biographical Memoirs of the Royal Society, Vol. 38, 1992, pp. 147-162, 1 plate, 1 microfiche with a bibliography of Herbert Fröhlich. Publisher's printed wrappers, stapled.
Sir Nevill Francis Mott (1905-1996) was a British physicist who won the Nobel Prize for Physics in 1977 for his work on the electronic structure of magnetic and disordered systems, especially amorphous semiconductors. The award was shared with Philip W. Anderson and J. H. Van Vleck. The three had conducted loosely related research. Mott and Anderson clarified the reasons why magnetic or amorphous materials can sometimes be metallic and sometimes insulating (Wikisource).
Price: 390 € * convert currency
Delivery time up to 10 days. For calculation of the latest delivery date, follow the link: Delivery times
Lieferzeit max. 10 Tage. Zur Berechnung des spätesten Liefertermins siehe hier: Lieferzeiten